Uberman Sleep Schedule


Well, if anyone has heard of the Uberman sleep schedule, then you'll know what I'm talking about. It's a polyphasic sleep schedule, so essentially you're taking 20-30 minute naps every 4 hours. This forces your body into REM sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow. After you've adjusted, of course.
REM sleep (Rapid Eye Movement) is the only real important part of your sleep cycle, it's where you have dreams and your body gets the most rest. Most people get around 90 minutes of REM sleep on a "normal" sleep cycle. On the Uberman schedule, you get more like 120 minutes, if not more of REM sleep. So you get more REM sleep than the normal person, and you're up for a long longer, generally around 22 hours per day.
I've started the adjustment to polyphasic sleeping tonight. I'm going to try and keep a blog of stuff that happens while I try and switch over. Hopefully I'll be able to successfully make the switch. Unfortunately, it takes about 10 days to get your body to switch over, and during that time you're pretty much a zombie. But ah well, I've told my family about it and they're okay with me trying this, so that's good. :D

---

Here are links to all my logs, in order from earliest to latest.

Uberman Sleep Schedule
Uberman: Day 1
Uberman: Day 2
Uberman: Day 3
Uberman: Day 4
Uberman: Day 5
Uberman: Day 6
Uberman: Day 8: I lied
Uberman: Day 10: I fail at Uberman
Uberman: Day 11: Mixing it up
Uberman: Finishing Up

0 comments:

Post a Comment